Our mission on diversity and inclusiveness is embodied in the Cultural Responsiveness Committee mission statement: Inland Northwest Health Services and its lines of business provide an environment which encourages acknowledgment, understanding, respect and awareness of individual differences. Our goal is to embrace the diverse cultures and experiences of our community.
INHS' Cultural Responsiveness Committee includes representatives from our service lines and is led by a community volunteer from the St. Luke's Advisory Board. This committee works to fulfill its mission statement by providing a variety of cultural events and education to employees, community outreach and by addressing any cultural concerns or issues that may arise.
INHS stays involved in the community and strives to give back to all our citizens. Some outreach examples are listed below.
- MLK fall back to school supplies
- Unity in the Community
- On the Roof, Community Minded Enterprises & AHANA
- Equality Awards, LGBT
- Oscar Awards Gala
- Diversity Recruitment Committee
- Vanessa Behan supplies collection
- Food Drive for Second Harvest
- Holiday collection of gifts
- Participation with Inland Northwest Business Alliance
- Executive team members expected to participate in community service
- Financially support community fundraisers such as YWCA, YMCA, Transitions, Women Helping Women, Mobius, Project Access, SMILE, Unity in the Community, Friends of the Centennial Trail, Christ’s Clinic, Spokane AIDs Clinic
- Stand Against Racism